Sunday, March 27, 2011

Reflection on the Teaching of Unseen Prose

Currently, I am teaching Sec 1 Language Arts. Prior to this, I have only taught English Language and have no experience teaching Literature. For Sec 1 LA, the students have not been taught unseen prose yet. If I were to teach unseen prose, I would probably start by getting my students to be familiar with the literary terms such as characterisation, plot, theme and etc. Following that, the students can be guided to identify and annotate the elements as well as the use of the literary devices in given texts. Samples with annotation and model essays will be given to students to guide them in their learning process. The students will also be taught to structures to adopt when writing their essays.

No comments:

Post a Comment