Sunday, March 27, 2011

Unseen in FTP

I just transferred to the school in Jan 2011, and it is also my first time teaching Literature after 6.5 years in the service. So everything is relatively new to me. I started of the year teaching unseen at Sec 2 but it is poetry. At first I teach them the skills such as identifying similes and metaphors and the effect and then I started to expose them to more poems so they can practice what they have learnt last year and this year. I had even used songs to teach rhyme and rythm. They had fun when I use funny poems and songs to teach. What my HOD wants to see apart from understanding the skills, is personal response. So, usually I will have at least 1 or 2 open ended questions for the students to answer after analysing the poems.

No comments:

Post a Comment